Saturday, February 26, 2011

CSA week 11 wrap-up, week 12 start-up

Despite the lack of posts about it, I did actually cook with the Week 11 share--the kale, the curry leaves and the honey specifically. I cooked fairly interesting stuff too, so you'll have to wait until I've gotten around to writing them up instead of hearing about them here.

Moving swiftly along to week twelve, the two big items to deal with are the arugula on the left and the yukina savoy on the right. The arugula I'm thinking of using in risotto instead of my usual pasta application. Or maybe not. There's a lot and risotto doesn't store well. Maybe soup? The yukina savoy I want to use in a stir fry. The spring onion could go into either of those.

The strawberries and grape tomatoes are both nice eaten out of hand so that just leaves the green beans. Have I done pickled green beans before? Not successfully, I don't think. That will probably use the dill which is still in the refrigerator somewhere.

No comments: