Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Recipe Exchange

I'm off visiting my mom this week so, unless you're interested in a review of the new tapas place in Wilmington, Delaware, I've got nothing for you. But here's a class activity for the meantime.

I was recently sent this chain e-mail:
Hi!

You are being invited to be a part of a recipe exchange. I hope you will participate. Please send a recipe to the person whose name is in position 1 (even if you don't know them) and it should be something quick, easy and without rare ingredients. Actually, the best one is the one you know in your head and can type right now. Don't agonize over it, it's the one you make when you are short on time.

After you've sent your recipe to the person in position 1 below and only to that person, copy this letter into a new email, move my email to the top and put your email in position 2. Only mine and your email addresses should show when you send your email. Send to 20 friends. If you cannot do this within 5 days, let me know so it will be fair to those participating. You should receive 36 recipes. It's fun to see where they come from! The turnaround is fast as there are only 2 names on the list and you only have to do this once.

Unfortunately, I don't get out much so I don't know 20 new people to send it to. I'd be obliged if you guys could help out instead and send your favorite quick easy recipe on. I probably shouldn't stick her e-mail up on the web for spammers to harvest so just send them to me and I'll pass them on.

The e-mail assumes only 6 out of 20 people will follow through so no pressure. Only send a recipe along if it's something you really want to share. If you decide to extend the chain, put in:
1. my e-mail from my profile
2. your e-mail address
I'm much obliged for your help.

Proper posting will resume when I get my act together some time next week. Your patience is appreciated.

No comments: