Sunday, October 7, 2007

Hello World

Welcome to Tinkering with Dinner, my new blog. I don't suppose I'll get many readers who don't know me, but if you have just happened by I should introduce myself. I am a science librarian by trade and a foodie by nature. Or maybe a chowhound. I get the sense that there is some sort of philosophical struggle going on in the food world between the sub-groups laying claim to those two names, but I really don't know anything about it. Personally, I'm serious about eating and cooking good food and I enjoy talking about it, too.

I've poked around in the food blog world a bit but I haven't come across any that match my experimental approach to cooking. I take different recipes and mix and match pieces. I adjust ingredients and techniques to fit what I have on hand and what I feel like bothering with. And I try again with variations if something doesn't quite work out. That's the sort of thing I'll mostly be posting about here.

I'm starting with a bit of a backlog. For the last couple of months I've been making a new flavor of ice cream each week, bringing it in to work and sending out an e-mail talking about what I've done and how it turned out. I'm going to go back and revisit those here along with whatever I come up with in the present. Let's see how it goes.

No comments: